Thursday, September 20, 2012

Where I'm From


While we were writing our "Where I'm From" poems, I realized how much I appreciation I have for everything and everyone back home. I always knew I was lucky to be given the opportunities I had, I just didn't realize how rare those experiences were. I'm not talking about the things I owned or anything, I'm talking about my experiences in the dance world. My dance studio is my second home and family (that's basically what I wrote about in my poem) and I am so thankful I spent my whole life there. I know so much about dance history because of that which I have really come to realize how rare and special that is. So many of the other dance majors don't know as much about that stuff as I do and I think that might be one of my biggest strengths here. Lots of them have never heard of famous dancers and I'm lucky enough to have performed some of their works. Writing this poem really helped me realize all of this too and I'm so glad it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment